This article is a follow up to a live stream that I recorded on Twitch. In this live stream we did the following:
• We built a subdomain service (We called it the Pokemon Service!) that can serve different web pages based on the subdomain from which it was accessed from.
• For example, pikachu.domain.com would serve a page related to Pikachu, similarly charmander.domain.com, etc. The app served requests coming in to *.domain.com dynamically based on the slug before the domain.com.
• Along the way, we also talked about clean code and what abstractions or patterns make sense here.
• For this tutorial, we used Nest.js and TypeScript.
• It was a Node.js application and we deployed it to the cloud using Digital Ocean.
Building the Subdomain Service.
Please subscribe to my YouTube channel as I plan to do more of such recordings.
All the code for this project lives on this open source repository.
Clap for this article on Medium?